29sep5:30 pm6:30 pmArts During Cop26 - How to Get InvolvedFind out how to get involved in the arts spaces during Cop26 in Glasgow!5:30 pm - 6:30 pm Organiser: Stop Climate Chaos Scotland Event Type:Climate Action,Webinar & Talks,Workshop & Training
Register here Presentation and Q&A on the different opportunities for getting involved in civil society arts initiatives during
About this event
Do you have skills in organising, installing or invigilating exhibitions? Or experience in running arts events?
Are you looking for ways to ACT in the face of the climate and ecological crisis, when indigenous leaders and heads of countries will travel to Glasgow for the world’s largest climate summit?
The impact of the pandemic means that COP26 (November 1st-12th) in Glasgow will be one of the least accessible, most exclusive COPs since the conferences began. In response to this, Stop Climate Chaos Scotland (SCCS) have a plan for how to platform marginalised voices and civil society groups, alongside local, Glasgow-based artists responding to the climate crisis.
We are mobilising arts and community spaces across the city, as well as curating pop-up exhibitions in shop window fronts in the city centre, taking over the city to broadcast messages from global south artists and activists who are unable to travel to COP but live on the frontlines of the climate crisis.
– Co-curators (20th Sept – 14th Nov) – volunteers to scout out for exhibition and display spaces across the city and coordinate the installation and deinstallation before and after COP26; basic mounting skills desirable
– Arts Hub hosts (1st – 12th Nov) – volunteers to help run and invigilate our hub at the Dream Machine, hosting the local and international groups using the space
– Freelance studio assistants (30th-31st Oct & 13th Nov) – experienced in constructing exhibition spaces, hanging etc; GSA grad show install team, we’re looking at you!
– Artists or collectives (1st – 12th Nov) looking to do takeovers or run workshops in the spaces (particularly events involving collaboration with artists travelling to COP).
– Further arts groups with contacts to spaces who are interested in collaborating and adding to our decentralised map of projects across the city. (1st-12th Nov)
Zoom Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/81064934897
(Wednesday) 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm