10nov10:00 am11:30 amCharging up? Maturing the market for EVs, in Britain and across the world10:00 am - 11:30 am The Aspire Room, The Studio, 67 Hope Street, Glasgow, G2 6AE Organiser: Bright Blue Theme:Climate Justice,Energy & Renewables
With the 2030 ICE vehicle phase out date now in place, this event will discuss what steps the UK should be taking to drive EV uptake. It will explore the
With the 2030 ICE vehicle phase out date now in place, this event will discuss what steps the UK should be taking to drive EV uptake. It will explore the lessons that can be learned from other countries who’ve been successful at saturating the vehicle market with EVs, when we’re likely to see price parity with petrol and diesel vehicles, and whether more support is needed for less well-off households in the electric transition.
– Huw Merriman MP, Chair, Transport Committee (invited)
– Graham Simpson MSP, Deputy Party Spokesperson on Transport, Scottish Conservatives
– Liane M Randolph, Chair, California Air Resources Board
– Alison Jones, Senior Vice President, Stellantis
– Ian Plummer, Commercial Director, Auto Trader
– Andy Palmer, Chief Executive, Switch, and Founder, Palmer Automotive, and former Chief Executive, Aston Martin
– Patrick Hall, Senior Research Fellow, Bright Blue
– Ben Webster, Environment Editor, The Times (Chair)
– Which countries have seen the biggest increases in the number of EVs, and why?
– Which fiscal and regulatory policies work in boosting the take-up of EVs
– What policies or measures are needed to make electric vehicles more affordable for less well-off households?
– What policies are needed to support vehicle manufacturers and industry to cease all sales of new petrol and diesel cars by the next decade?
– When can price parity between new electric vehicles and new petrol and diesel vehicles be expected?
– How can electric vehicle charging infrastructure best be improved?
– How can government and industry help consumers to make low-carbon choices around transport?
You do not need a conference pass to attend this event. You can just show up, but please register using this page.
(Wednesday) 10:00 am - 11:30 am