Conversation for Change - with Alok Sharma & other guests
03jun9:00 am10:30 amConversation for Change - with Alok Sharma & other guestsWe are living in the midst of a climate emergency. What can we as individuals and organisations do? 9:00 am - 10:30 am OrganiserBritish CouncilEvent TypeWebinar & Talks
Register here. We are living in the midst of a climate emergency. What can we as individuals and organisations do? Join our global climate conversation to discuss this and more. 9.00–10.30 BST on Thursday
We are living in the midst of a climate emergency. What can we as individuals and organisations do?
Join our global climate conversation to discuss this and more.
9.00–10.30 BST on Thursday 3 June 2021
At this live online event, changemakers from around the world will discuss the importance and role of young people in tackling climate change, the role of arts, culture, education, science and English in climate change solutions, and how we can influence policymakers in the lead up to COP26, the global United Nations summit about climate change that will take place in November.
With special opening remarks from Alok Sharma MP, COP26 President-Designate; and a guest appearance from Neil Gaiman, award-winning author.
The speaking guests and expert panellists include:
- Stevie Spring, Chairman of the British Council
- Ahmed Yassin, the co-founder of Banlastics You Initiative in Egypt, advocating environmental values and awareness around the use of plastic in Alexandria
- Alison Tickell, founder of Julie’s Bicycle, a leading organisation bridging sustainability with arts and culture
- Rishika Das Roy, a British Council Future Leaders Connect alumna and current Technical Policy Consultant at Oxford Policy Management, based in India.
- Christopher Graham, teacher, educator and writer, founder of ELT Footprint, a 2020 ELTon winner.
The panel will be moderated by Graihagh Jackson, presenter of BBC podcast and radio show, The Climate Question.
Book the date into your diary and join the Conversation for Change.
(Thursday) 9:00 am - 10:30 am