Registration link here To change everything will need everyone. Join us to build a movement for global climate
About this event
To change everything will need everyone.
Since 1971, Friends of the Earth has won landmark campaigns and has stood up against the giants, no matter the odds. Groundswell 2021 will bring together experts, activists and communities from across the movement for climate justice for a weekend of talks, workshops, celebration and action.
Free and online, join Friends of the Earth to reconnect, share our best stories, get real about building a movement that represents everyone, and plan local action for global climate justice.
- Halima Begum, CEO of The Runnymede Trust, Britain’s leading anti-racist think tank
- Prubhjyot Singh, Eco Sikh UK
- Aasiya Bora, External Coordinator with XR Muslims
- Leading activists from across the Friends of the Earth family
Groundswell 2021 is a weekend of free, online talks, workshops, celebrations and action for the climate justice movement.
Please note: Some sessions will be specific to people living in Wales or living in England, in order to recognise different political and legal contexts and to make sure Groundswell 2021 is relevant and interesting for people living in both countries.
Together, you will reconnect, share the best stories, get real about building a movement that represents everyone, and plan local action for global climate justice.
Groundswell will take place online. Once you’re registered, you’ll be sent details of the event including a link to join the events online. Groundswell is a place for everyone in the Friends of the Earth and wider Climate Action family. If you are taking action for climate justice, you are welcome there. If you are committed to building a more diverse, more powerful climate justice movement, you are needed. And if you need help to get started, the organiser will be there to help.
Friday 11th June
- 7.30pm – 9.00pm – Grass Roots! Join Friends of the Earth and Climate Action Groups across England to reconnect and celebrate our movement (England specific)
- 6.00pm – 8.30pm – Wales National Gathering (Cymru specific)
Saturday 12th June
- 10.30am – 12.00 am – Britain Talks Climate Justice: How to communicate climate justice (Talks and Q&A)
- 10.30am – 12.00 am – Digital Mobilisation: Stories of how groups have used digital tools to build groups and win campaigns – and how you can too (Skillshare)
- 10.30am – 12.00 am – Winning climate action locally: Lobbying your council to win change (Workshop – England specific)
- 10.30am – 12.00 am – Winning Climate Action in Wales Locally and Nationally (Workshop – Cymru specific)
- 12.00pm – Offline activity. Nature themed photo project
- 2.00 – 3.30pm – Climate Impacts in Wales (Cymru specific)
- 2.00 – 3.30pm – Learning across our Network in Wales – Practical Climate Action from Zero Waste to Nature (Cymru specific)
- 7.30pm – 9.00pm – Main event: Anti-racism in the fight for climate justice – In collaboration with the Runnymede Trust (Panel Discussion and Q&A)
Sunday 13th June
- 3.30pm-5.00pm – COP 26: Mobilising Toward and Beyond the Global Climate Summit (Presentation and Discussion)
11 (Friday) 7:30 pm - 13 (Sunday) 5:00 pm