Re:Hope Climate Café
17oct2:00 pm4:00 pmRe:Hope Climate CaféA non-judgemental local space to chat about the climate crisisRe:Hope Church Southside, 14 Regwood St, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 3JG2:00 pm - 4:00 pm OrganiserRe:Hope SouthsideEvent TypeMeeting
A community meet up for non-judgemental chat about the climate crisis and COP26. Meet with other people over coffee and cake, expressing where we are at with how climate and ecological
A community meet up for non-judgemental chat about the climate crisis and COP26.
Meet with other people over coffee and cake, expressing where we are at with how climate and ecological breakdown is affecting us.
What is a Climate Café?
– A gathering of people meeting with facilitators to share their responses to the climate crisis – a thinking and feeling space
– A confidential, warm, friendly, hospitable occasion – involving cake and hot drinks.
– Talking about what our changing climate means for us, exploring whatever feelings we have
– No guest speakers, no lectures, no advice, no commitment, an action-free space.
– The focus is our thoughts and feelings about climate change, rather than what we’re doing about climate change.
Guidelines for a Good Climate Café:
– Take risks. Say what you really, actually feel. Whatever that is. This is the most important rule.
– We take it in turns to speak – be mindful of how much space you are taking up, and try not to interrupt others.
– We listen and are interested in each other’s views, and we don’t try to impose our own.
– Silence is fine. So is rage, and tears also have a place.
This event is FREE.
We would love to see you!
More info here.
(Sunday) 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Re:Hope Church Southside
14 Regwood St, Shawlands, Glasgow G41 3JG