Take One Action Film Festival 2020
Making our events work for you In just under a week, the full programme for this year’s Take One
Making our events work for you
In just under a week, the full programme for this year’s Take One Action Film Festival will be accessible for anyone in the UK to experience in full.
We’ve been working towards making our organisation, our programme and our events more inclusive and accessible. What does this mean for those who want to join in?
- We are committed to foregrounding the experiences and expertise of people from the majority world and people of colour, in our programme and among our guests. We’re excited to be welcoming campaigners and filmmakers from many different parts of the globe.
- All the films in our programme will be presented with closed captions for D/deaf and hard-of-hearing audiences.
- All our Q&As will be fully captioned – by a (super)human, not some software that can’t cope with Scottish accents! (This provision is supported by Film Hub Scotland, part of the BFI’s Film Audience Network, and funded by Screen Scotland and National Lottery funding from the BFI.)
- Three of our live Q&As (for the films Coded Bias, Pier Kids and Radio Silence) will be presented with BSL interpretation.
- In My Blood It Runs is available with Audio Description.
- All our films are accessible on a pay-what-you-can basis – or you can gift access to any title in our line-up to a friend!
- All the Q&As and workshops are free to attend.
We know that digital doesn’t mean universal. We don’t want lack of access to data to be a barrier: find out about our Digital Access Fund below – and help us spread the word.
If there are any other ways we can make our events work better for you this year or in the future, please get in touch with our Access & Engagement Coordinator, Emrys Mordin.
We hope you (and your friends!) can join us online from next Wednesday, for 12 days of inspiring films and calls to action.
16 (Wednesday) 12:00 am - 27 (Sunday) 11:59 pm