09nov4:00 pm5:30 pmThe Race to Zero Coalition: From Covid-19 to COP26Global climate leaders discuss a green & just recovery from COVID-19, the US presidential election, and the future of the Paris Agreement. Organiser: C40 Cities Event Type:Webinar & Talks
Event Link Here. C40 Cities presents The Race to Zero Coalition: From COVID-19 to COP26, a high-level virtual event hosted in partnership with the UNFCCC and the
C40 Cities presents The Race to Zero Coalition: From COVID-19 to COP26, a high-level virtual event hosted in partnership with the UNFCCC and the High-Level Climate Champions for Global Climate Action on the opening day of the Race to Zero Dialogues.
Join us for a series of exciting keynote addresses and panels featuring mayors from around the world, climate experts, business leaders, activists and scientists. The event will be made up of two panels that showcase how delivering a Global Green New Deal is integral to achieving climate, social and economic justice around the world.
Our first panel will be co-convened with the International Trade Union Confederation and will feature inspirational speakers who are working to achieve a green and just recovery from the COVID-19 crisis.
Our second panel, co-convened with America’s Pledge and Climate Mayors, will address the result of the U.S. presidential election and its impact on the future of the Paris Agreement and climate action around the world.
FEATURED SPEAKERS (in alphabetical order):
- Michael R. Bloomberg, C40 Board President, Founder of Bloomberg LP and Bloomberg Philanthropies, 108th Mayor of New York City
- Sharan Burrow, General Secretary, International Trade Union Confederation
- Rakaya Fetuga, Poet & Youth Advocate
- Eric Garcetti, C40 Chair and Mayor of Los Angeles
- Connie Hedegaard (Master of Ceremony), Chair of the KR Foundation, former European Commissioner for Climate Action, and Minister for the Environment and Minister for Climate and Energy for Denmark
- Juvencio Maeztu, CFO, and Deputy CEO, Ingka Group
- Gina McCarthy, Former EPA Administrator, President of NRDC
- Hilda Nakabuye, Founder, Fridays for Future, Uganda
- Dr. Maria Neira, Director, Department of Environment, Climate Change and Health, World Health Organization
- Giuseppe Sala, Mayor of Milan, Chair of the C40 Global Mayors COVID-19 Recovery Task Force
- Leah Stokes, Assistant Professor of Political Science, University of California, Santa Barbara
More speakers to be announced soon.
(Monday) 4:00 pm - 5:30 pm