The role of the University in a sustainable future
23apr12:30 pm2:00 pmThe role of the University in a sustainable future12:30 pm - 2:00 pm OrganiserPriestley International Centre for ClimateEvent TypeWebinar & Talks
Key voices discuss the role of academic institutions in driving ambition for COP26 and beyond.
About this Event
With the UK set to host COP26 later this year, now is a key moment in the race to secure a sustainable low carbon and resilient future. Several events in the Connecting Voices for Climate Action week-long programme will be exploring how the University of Leeds is contributing to this critical international and national issue. The week is concluded by asking what role universities can play in advancing the COP26 agenda and connecting pertinent climate change stakeholders.
University of Leeds Vice-Chancellor, Professor Simone Buitendijk, will gather key voices from the university sector and its partners in order to discuss the role of higher education institutions in driving ambition for COP26 and establishing the legacy of cooperation and innovation. We hope you can join us.
- Professor Simone Buitendijk, Vice-Chancellor of the University of Leeds
- Alyssa Gilbert, Chair of the COP26 Universities Network and Director of Policy and Translation, Grantham Centre, Imperial
- Professor Piers Forster, Director of the Priestley International Centre for Climate
- Alison Robinson, NERC Deputy Executive Chair & Director, Corporate Affairs
- James Diggle, Head of Energy & Climate Change at CBI (Confederation of British Industry)
- Polly Cook, Chief Officer, Sustainable Energy and Air Quality at Leeds City Council
Part or all of this online event may be recorded and shared as part of post-event content online. The organiser will clearly indicate during the session when the recording will commence and end. If you would like to find out more about our recording policy, or opt-out of this activity, get in touch with the team: [email protected]
The organiser’s privacy notice details how they use your data, what they use it for, how they keep it safe and how you can opt out of any data processing activities.
(Friday) 12:30 pm - 2:00 pm