Following the EU Anthology, RE-PEAT is running a UK Anthology Series. There will be 10 sessions with eachsession connecting peatlands to a
Following the EU Anthology, RE-PEAT is running a UK Anthology Series. There will be 10 sessions with each
session connecting peatlands to a different intersecting topic, such as local social justice issues, environmental issues and/or a specific UK or international policy.
This is the second episode of this exciting series!
- In this session we will explore how peatlands and forestry interact in the UK. As such we will explore:
- why both peatlands and forestry are important tools against the climate crisis
- the history of planting trees on peatlands and why this is detrimental to the natural world and to environmental aims
- why only planting trees should not be treated as a panacea
- some campaigns that have advocated for peatlands not be planted on
- some forest-to-bog restoration projects
As usual there will be plenty of visuals and creative elements involved – sure to be a fascinating session!
The schedule for the evening will be announced shortly!
Join us to pick apart the complexities of peatlands and forestry in the UK!