COP26 Legacy Grants Fund - FAQS
The first round of funding is now closed, please look out for the second round opening soon!
This money is to support all organisations in Scotland, especially smaller or grassroots organisations, for creating a legacy to keep climate action momentum going post-COP26.
We are particularly interested in applications from the following but we are encouraging anyone who needs some funding to help them create an event to apply:
- Groups and communities in Glasgow aiming at engaging local people
- Events that link climate with other campaigns such as disability rights, land rights/language, poverty and social justice, the nature crisis, racial justice, LGBTQ+
- Groups outside the Central Belt of Scotland
- Building on an event or activity that occurred around the time of COP26
We anticipate it being used for activities that spread awareness, build capacity, help people to take action, and that contribute to building and growing the movement of climate activists (in the widest possible sense of that word). Our focus is on creating an inspiring and accessible range of events that build on the legacy of COP.
No – this is aimed especially at groups who may find it hard to get funding from official sources and you do not need to be constituted, you just need a plan of what you want to spend it on, a budget, and be able to report back on what you have done.
No – because this pot is set up that we pay agreed expenses you don’t need a bank account to receive the money.
For example, if we have agreed to pay for the use of a community hall, or a trainer, or rental of some equipment, we will pay that invoice directly.
Climate Fringe is a platform for sharing events, actions, activities, training courses, exhibitions and anything else that is going on in the climate movement post-COP. We would be really interested to hear from groups that want to communicate with and involve their communities in the issue of climate after COP in ways that work for them. This doesn’t have to be a traditional event – we would love to help creative ideas happen too, for example creating an artwork, resource, exhibition or training course.
We want to prioritise people who were involved in COP and want to carry the momentum from COP for further action.
Applications are to be for up to a maximum value of £500 (however, applications of up to £1,000 will be considered in special circumstances) per project, and this will be on a first come first served basis. A small project board will review the applications individually.
We will look at the following criteria:
- Is the money going to support a community level/grassroots group? We will prioritise smaller groups who find it hard to access other sources of funding
- Would being part of the Climate Fringe benefit your work and help build on the legacy of COP26?
- Value for money
- You should send the agreed invoices to [email protected] for us to pay
- We will send you the Climate Fringe logo to put on your publicity/information about the event
- We will put information about your event on the Climate Fringe website and publicise on social media if appropriate – if it is for a very specific audience we will make that clear
- After the event please send a short report (200-400 words) including number of participants and any particular highlights or feedback received