Govanhill Community Market
25sep12:00 pm4:00 pmGovanhill Community MarketA Community Market and Celebration of Govanhill Bat Lab, Batson Street, Glasgow, G42 8SL12:00 pm - 4:00 pm OrganiserGAMIS (Glasgow Artists' Moving Image Studios SCIO)Event TypeCultural, Arts & Social,Outdoor,Workshop & TrainingThemeCircular economy,Community,Family Friendly,Food & Agriculture,LGBTQIA+
On the 25th of September, Govanhill Community Market organised by local initiatives GAMIS and G42 Pop-Ups will take over the Batson Street Laboratory, next to the beloved Govanhill Picture House.
The event aims to strengthen bonds between Govanhill communities, help support local economy and activate underused parts of the neighbourhood. It will be a great opportunity to get to know your neighbours, learn about local community initiatives and how to get involved.
Alongside the market, there will be an exciting programme of free workshops, music performances and conversations celebrating the diverse communities of Govanhill!
There will be something for everyone including
– Stalls run by local residents
– Music by talented Govanhill bands
– Panel discussion hosted by Greater Govanhill Magazine and Govanhill Roma Local Conversation Project
– Milk Café with Romano Lav selling some Romani cuisine specialities
– Upcycled clothes and homeware by Rags to Riches
– Organic veg grown by Tenement Veg in the Queen’s Park Croft
– Fun art workshop by Rumpus Room for children and young people
– And more!
Free entry. Family and dog friendly!
The event is supported by Govanhill Baths Community Trust and Glasgow Connected Arts Network.
(Saturday) 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Batson Street, Glasgow, G42 8SL