TERMS & CONDITIONS
(1.) The moderators reserve the right to remove or refuse an event which:
- Is not organised or led by Civil Society (a).
- Cannot be independently verified, or is not listed elsewhere online or in print.
- Condones or calls for illegal activity.
- Incites violence, hate speech, racism, sexism, homophobia, heterosexism, ableism or xenophobia.
- Is not linked to Environmental, Ecological, Food or Climate Change issues, Climate Justice or COP26.
- Platforms major polluters, individuals or organisations that work against Climate Justice, breach Human Rights Law or Climate Law.
- Is otherwise considered unsuitable for the platform, at the moderators’ discretion.
In the case that an event is refused or removed from the platform, the moderators will endeavour to contact the event organiser to provide a reason. Where the decision to remove an event is contested, the moderators will refer the decision to an SCCS decision making body. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a query.
(2.) SCCS is not responsible for any event listed on this site, unless otherwise stated. It cannot accept liability for activity during, or as a result of, any listed event. It is not responsible for the content of any talk, workshop or event listed on the platform.
(3.) SCCS provides and lists content in good faith but no guarantee or representation is given that the content is accurate, complete or up-to-date. Use of content on the website is at your own risk.
(4.) The contact data, and in particular any business email addresses, are provided solely for the purpose of assisting consumers with customer service matters and other activities as indicated. They cannot be used to compile any contact or email lists nor to use such addresses for marketing any product or service.
(a) Working from the following definition of Civil Society: Any organisation of individuals or groups who are neither managed, nor led, by the State or incorporated businesses & companies, typically organised around a common interest or social purpose.
Cooper, R. (2018). What is Civil Society, its role and value in 2018?.