Better Communities through Building Improvement: Social/Discussion event
30oct7:15 pm9:00 pmBetter Communities through Building Improvement: Social/Discussion eventCome and chat with us and others interested in collaborative community-led building retrofit and improvement (with refreshments!) OrganiserEdinburgh Building Retrofit and Improvement CollectiveAugustine United Church,, 41 George IV Bridge, Edinburgh EH1 1EL7:15 pm - 9:00 pm Event TypeClimate Action,Cultural, Arts & Social,MeetingThemeCommunity,Energy & Renewables,Networking & Community Engagement
Building Retrofit and Improvement is a win-win-win: it can improve home-comfort and health, save you money on bills and reduce carbon emissions, thus helping
Building Retrofit and Improvement is a win-win-win: it can improve home-comfort and health, save you money on bills and reduce carbon emissions, thus helping fight the climate emergency.
This will be an informal and sociable in-person event after the recent online workshop of the same name (the recording of which can be reviewed on our YouTube channel). The workshop was to allow people to hear about positive experiences of creating community groups of different scales, find information, and start to plot a route to a local building retrofit & improvement community for you. This event is an opportunity to build on what was covered there, but it’s equally open to anyone who’s interested in:
- the idea of collaborative community-led working on building improvement and retrofit;
- the development of a non-profit community-focused retrofit intermediary organisation in particular, or
to any householder or construction industry professional interested in:
- helping tackle the challenge of mass domestic retrofit at scale and speed with high quality, or
- anyone who’s intrigued by the ideas of the Collective and its vision of also helping build community resilience.
Come along and see what we’re like!
At this event, you’ll be able to:
- Talk with other like-minded people interested in this approach.
- Talk with representatives of the organisations making up the Collective, including the existing local community groups who presented at the workshop.
- Develop your understanding, confidence, support network and plans through conversation and informal discussion.
Drinks and nibbles will be provided.
(Monday) 7:15 pm - 9:00 pm