Climate Knowledge into Action: Facilitator Training
18apr1:30 pmVirtual EventClimate Knowledge into Action: Facilitator Training18, 19, 25, 26 of April - For SCCAN members wanting to teach Climate Literacy in their community, SCCAN's new Knowledge in Action facilitator training. OrganiserScottish Communities Climate Action NetworkOnline1:30 pm Event TypeWorkshop & TrainingThemeClimate Justice,Networking & Community Engagement,Science
EXCLUSIVELY FOR SCCAN MEMBERS AIMING TO DELIVER CLIMATE LITERACY COURSES IN THEIR COMMUNITIES. People want to know more about the causes and impacts of climate change as well as what actions
EXCLUSIVELY FOR SCCAN MEMBERS AIMING TO DELIVER CLIMATE LITERACY COURSES IN THEIR COMMUNITIES.
People want to know more about the causes and impacts of climate change as well as what actions they can take.
This new accredited Knowledge in Action facilitator’s training will equip you with skills and knowledge to run our new Climate Literacy course in your group. 12 spaces max.
This facilitator training runs over four online sessions. It has been designed for people who want to run a Climate Literacy course for their group. You must attend the 4 sessions:
- 1.30pm – 5pm Tuesday 18th April
- 1.30pm – 5pm Wednesday 19th April
- 1.30pm – 5pm Tuesday 25th April
- 1.30pm – 5pm Wednesday 26th April
The Facilitator Training
SCCAN’s Climate Knowledge into Action facilitators are trained to run 4 two-hour sessions using materials accredited by the Climate Literacy Project. The facilitator presents the materials and guides activities and discussions with the group. It is a joint exploration of facts, not a lecture. You don’t need to be an expert. The best facilitators are good at listening and passionate about making a difference. All the info is in the materials.
You will experience the Climate Literacy course for yourself on 18th and 19th April. On 25th and 26th April, you will learn and practice facilitation skills. The sequence is:
- Attend the full 4 half days training (required to be a trained facilitator)
- Add local information into the course materials.
- Recruit 10 people
- Run the sessions: online or in person. 4 x 2 hour sessions, 2 half days, or 1 full day.
The Climate Literacy course: Climate: Knowledge into Action
Once trained as a facilitator, you will be able to deliver the Climate: Knowledge into Action course to your group. The course is supposed to be offered free of charge to participants.
The Climate Knowledge into Action course meets the Carbon Literacy Project Standard. Participants can gain the Carbon Literate accreditation and receive a certificate on completion of the course.
Modules of ‘Climate: Knowledge into Action’:
- Module 1 – Climate Science & Justice
- Module 2 – Causes & Impacts: The cost of everyday activities and how communities and local areas will be impacted.
- Module 3 – Adaptation & Actions: Actions to reduce emissions at the individual and community level and the changes we need to adapt to as we move to net zero.
- Module 4 – Communicating Climate Change and the Need for Action.
The modules are engaging and informative.
If cost to this training is an issue and for any questions please email: [email protected]