Free Rewilding Crafts @ Grain and Sustain
11mar10:00 am1:00 pmFree Rewilding Crafts @ Grain and SustainJoin SCOTLAND: The Big Picture for some free rewilding crafts to help you wild your own spaces. Suitable for children aged 5+.Grain & Sustain, 6 Tolbooth Street Kirkcaldy KY1 1RW10:00 am - 1:00 pm OrganiserSCOTLAND: The Big PictureEvent TypeCultural, Arts & SocialThemeFamily Friendly,Nature & Biodiversity
Join SCOTLAND: The Big Picture at Bustle and Buzz in Kirkcaldy for a morning of free rewilding crafts to help you wild your space. Drop in
Join SCOTLAND: The Big Picture at Bustle and Buzz in Kirkcaldy for a morning of free rewilding crafts to help you wild your space.
Drop in and make your own seed bomb or bird feeder to support the wildlife in your local wild space and learn a little about rewilding.
This is suitable for families and children aged 5+.
About SCOTLAND: The Big Picture
In order to meet the growing challenges of climate breakdown and biodiversity loss, we need to see The Big Picture. Rewilding reaches beyond simply protecting species or habitats within nature reserves or protected areas and instead, seeks to transform Scotland’s land and seas so that they work for nature, climate and people.
What is rewilding?
For us, rewilding is an evolving process of nature recovery that leads to restored ecosystem health, function and completeness.
Our view of rewilding is built around these principles:
- Providing the space and conditions to re-establish dynamic natural processes, so that they shape and govern Scotland’s land and seas.
- Recognising the critical role of all species – including missing native species – in sustaining functioning food webs and other ecological interactions.
- Nurturing nature recovery at different scales and accepting that approaches to rewilding can look and feel quite different and still offer valuable benefits.
- Improving connectivity across fragmented habitats to give species more freedom to roam, supporting biodiversity recovery and climate resilience.
- Helping communities to prosper in a diverse, nature-based economy that works in tandem with ecological recovery.
This event is delivered as part of our NextGen outreach programme, which is aimed at encouraging young people to take an interest in rewilding.
About Bustle and Buzz
Bustle and Buzz is a zero waste shop that can help people make ethical, environmentally friendly spending choices. We have over 500 products on refill to reduce plastic consumption as well as hundreds of ethical and handmade gifts and eco friendly products to help the switch from single use to reusable. We are thrilled to now bring those products to you online as well. Your zero waste journey begins here!
(Saturday) 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
Grain & Sustain
6 Tolbooth Street Kirkcaldy KY1 1RW